1. Being a preemie survivor is a lot to mentally digest.
2. I have no shame in eating pizza with a fork and knife.
3. Were braces worth the four years of headgear torture?
4. Being a bookworm has always been a comfort to me.
5. I always seem to be drawn to the underdogs because I, myself am one.
6. Fashion is overrated compared to wearing comfy clothes.
7. Being babysat by a lady who rakes inside her house? Priceless.
8. First kisses sometimes don’t count.
9. Friendships come and go like the seasons.
10. I never allowed myself to be a classic girlie girl after my brief stint liking the color pink in 1st grade.
11. I don’t like odd numbers.
12. I can be very chatty or quiet depending on my mood.
13. I love writing poetry.
14. My first celebrity crush at 8 was Fergie.
15. I got to be in the audience of “Kids Inc.” as a preteen. That experience opened my eyes to the cruelties of Hollywood.
16. As a little kid I would dutifully look in the newspaper for any local movie auditions. I wanted to be an actress.
17. I still recall how much I loved my cheesy Punky Brewster high tops that had her hologram face on the side.
18. I loved being a tomboy with enjoying He-Man and Transformers.
19. As kid I had a big imagination (still do) and enjoyed exploring a ditch behind my house. Loved to make up stories to go along with random items found.
20. I was a dare devil as a little kid. I’d ride on my plastic imitation big wheel and fly down the street. It was a very steep street. I’m shocked I was allowed to.
21. I always wonder what my life would be like with a different name.
22. When I was 8 I wanted to be a pastor.
23. I was quite the legalist as a child. No drinking soda in the car.
24. I lived through the Loma Prieta earthquake. Once you’ve experienced one you never forget.
25. Reaching 100 books read in one year is a great feat, but a lonely one.
26. I will always love Six Feet Under, This Is Us, The Fosters and Gilmore Girls.
27. Trees energize me as does rainy/cloudy weather.
28. I can’t stand dresses, but a part of me longs to wear 40’s/50’s vintage style dresses.
29. Worst haircut of my life was a buzz cut.
30. Coming out to oneself is the hardest thing EVER.
31. I’ve always felt ‘different’ from others since I was a little kid.
32. As a small child I was always nervous hearing planes flying overhead, afraid of b**bs. I didn’t watch war movies growing up, but then fell in love with WWII in 4th grade. A few years ago watching a documentary on that topic I had a flashback of living in that time period. That freaked me out. Maybe there is something to past lives.
33. I believe God is BIGGER than any Holy book.
34. I was bullied for being so small and short.
35. I have a Booktube addiction.
36. I studied with a JW for four months. Fascinating to be challenged to explain my faith and why I believe what I do. Sadly that friendship’ was not legit.
37. I don’t know why cults are fascinating to research (JW, Mormonism, etc). I think it’s the desire to belong and have your life scripted for you. I think there’s a comfort in that and a feeling of safety.
38. I am learning in life it’s not about how many friends you have, but the quality of friends, those you can truly trust with your life.
39. I can’t believe I’ve been a book blogger for over 3 years.
40. I never expected to love reading fiction from Thomas Nelson Publishers.
41. I’ve always felt awkward about receiving gifts, like I’m not worthy to.
42. LOVE is not cookie cutter.